"Journey 2" The Mysterious Island: Review

Home Forums Entertainment "Journey 2" The Mysterious Island: Review

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Satish
    Keymaster

Well, I don’t like English movies which has lot of unrealistic stuffs in it. So is with Journey 2 The Mysterious Island.

I felt like, where the hell am I stuck; at the beginning of the movie when Sean Anderson and his step father Hank Parsons decodes the message sent by a stranger( sean’s grandfather ) from a Mysterious Island about which different authors had written in their books. The way Sean gets all the books and Hank decoding the message all looks too unrealistic, childish and not so impressive.

But once the scene changes from America to the Island, some scenes really impressed me…especially “Kailani” ;-)

Sean and Hank bribe Gabato (Luiz Guzman) and his daughter Kailani(Vanessa Hudgens) and ask them to take to the location where they think the Mysterious Island is present. Kalyani doubles the fair and agrees to take them in their helicopter. While finding the Island, they had to enter into the hurricane to get the Island(according to the books) and they get into Island.

The film makers have taken all the minute details about the Island. from the huge butterflies, bees to the small sized elephants to the gold volcano to the worms and the dragon ( ofcourse it’ll be there in most such English movies :-) )

Its a pleasure to watch the Island in 3D view.

From there its all about the beauty of the Island ( and Kalyani ) and the effort the take to escape from the drowning Island(Atlantis).

At the end, they all escape from the Island and the usual scene ………… 6 months later … they celebrate Sean’s birthday together. And Kalyani joins college in America and stays with Sean’s.

overall its a fast pace movie which lasts for 2 hours.

If the theater doesn’t offer 3D viewing, then it would surly not be effective.

Overall, your children of age below 20 may like it more than the fully grown up adults.

They have succeeded with the comedy act, with the help of Gabato (Luiz Guzman) innocent play act.

The funny little dialogues are good enough and will bring smile on your face.

Satish
    Keymaster

Movie Trailer Videos:

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.