We are people, not programmed devices: Chetan Bhagat

Home Forums LifeStyle We are people, not programmed devices: Chetan Bhagat

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Satish
    Keymaster

Chetan Bhagat

Chetan Bhagat

Don’t just have career or academic goals. Set goals to give you a balanced, successful life. I use the word balanced before successful. Balanced means ensuring your health, relationships, mental peace are all in good order. There is no point of getting a promotion on the day of your breakup. There is no fun in driving a car if your back hurts. Shopping is not enjoyable if your mind is full of tensions.

Life is one of those races in nursery school where you have to run with a marble in a spoon kept in your mouth. If the marble falls, there is no point coming first. Same is with life where health and relationships are the marble. Your striving is only worth it if there is harmony in your life. Else, you may achieve the success, but this spark, this feeling of being excited and alive, will start to die.

One thing about nurturing the spark – don’t take life seriously. Life is not meant to be taken seriously, as we are really temporary here. We are like a pre-paid card with limited validity. If we are lucky, we may last another 50 years. And 50 years is just 2, 500 weekends. Do we really need to get so worked up?

It’s ok, bunk a few classes, scoring low in couple of papers, goof up a few interviews, take leave from work, Enjoy with your friends, fall in love, little fights with your loved ones. We are people, not programmed devices.

Don’t be serious, be sincere.

— Chetan Bhagat at Symbiosis

Satish
    Keymaster

“I see guys spending weeks, months trying to make a girl happy. I see girls waiting endlessly for their guys to call. Is that all your life is about? For your lover to validate you? Or to make a relationship work? Instead, why not focus on yourself – working on your goals, learning something, being a more positive person and helping others. That will boost your self-esteem far more than any lover ever could. Next time that guy or girl treats you badly, say thank you. Say thank you for reminding me that I need to make myself the focus of my life, not you.”

— Chetan Bhagat

Satish
    Keymaster

“Be so busy improving yourself that you have no time to criticize others”.
    – Chetan Bhagat

Satish
    Keymaster

5 success and life lessons I’ve learnt over the years:

1. Very few people actually love you, and you can count them on your fingers. Hold on to them.

2. Many people will love you if you’re successful. They’ll stop when you’re not. They love success, not you. Don’t take them seriously.

3. When you are not successful, few will believe your dreams. You are one of them who do. Sometimes, you’ll be the only one.

4. Despite having dreams, will and focus, sometimes your motivation will drop. Lift yourself back up to fight again. It isn’t easy. That is why so few make it.

5. People who come first in class don’t do the best in life.
    People who understand people, their field and themselves do.

– Cheta Bhagat

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.