Single Plugin for all social media

Home Forums WordPress Single Plugin for all social media

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Vinita

Hi Satish,

Could you please suggest a single plugin that I could download and install on wp.org so that my blog posts can be updated on all social media (fb, linkedin, twitter, stumbleupon, g+…) in one shot itself? Essentially, it would work like the ‘Publicize’ button on wp.com.

Thanks,
    Vinita

Satish
    Keymaster

Hi Vinita,

Stumbleupon do not encourage submission of article by its author/owner. If they track such submissions frequently, they will disable that account and in worst cases may ban the site/blog URL.

G+ has not yet allowed the API, so that we can automatically publish our blog posts to Google Plus. So no plugins yet for this.

For Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn there are some easy way. I wouldn’t suggest going with plugins, as they would slow down the blog.

Instead, just use the publicize feature of your feedburner account. It’s similar to the wp.com feature.

How to enable socialize feature in Feedburner
    Click on Publicize tab. On the left side, you can see list of features, and you can also see “Socialize Publish to the social web” option. Click on it and the rest is self explanatory.

Detail: Good Reason(s) To Use Socialize Feature Of Feedburner – and a Caution!

For Automatically Updating on your Facebook profile and/or Facebook fan page:

Register your blog with http://www.networkedblogs.com and authorize it to publish your posts to your profile a/c.
    Adding NetworkBlogs app to your fan page, would allow Networkblogs app to automatically publish recent articles on the fan page.

For LinkedIn, follow this link: http://www.linkedin.com/opensocialInstallation/preview?_ch_panel_id=1&applicationId=2200

and allow it to fetch the recent posts automatically.

If you want to go the plugin way: Then use Network Publisher plugin
    Plugin enables you to Automatically Publish or Self Publish your Blog Posts to 30 Social Networks. Currently Supported Networks include:

Facebook Profile/Wall
    Facebook Pages
    Facebook Application Page
    Facebook Events
    Facebook Groups
    Twitter
    LinkedIn
    MySpace
    Yammer
    Yahoo
    Identi.ca
    Status.net
    Google Buzz
    Socialcast
    Plurk
    Sonico
    Delicious
    Diigo
    Foursquare
    Gowalla
    Brightkite
    WordPress.com Blog
    WordPress.org Blog
    Blogger
    Tumblr
    Typepad
    Posterous
    Yahoo Meme
    Basecamp
    Backpack
    Windows Liv

Download: Network Publisher

Social Sharing Plugin:
    Install JetPack plugin from WordPress and configure it under settings -> Share;

Vinita

Thanks, Satish.

Publcize on Feedburner currently offers publicizing only on Twitter. Will check the rest and get back to you.

Cheers,
    Vinita

Vinita

Hi Satish,

I registered with http://www.networkedblogs.com, but it still did not publish my posts on facebook. On LinkedIn, the post was published via twitter, which is okay by me.

Also, I don’t like the very large and ugly block of space taken up by my having subscribed to networkedblogs. I’d like to remove it. What options do I have without slowing down the site?

Thanks,
    Vinita

Satish
    Keymaster

Do you want Networkblogs app to publish your recent post on your fan page or your profile page?

Have a look at our Technotip Fan page; recent articles are posted automatically by networkblogs app.

There is no question of slowing down of site because of this; as networkblog app will be considered as a subscriber to your blog and it only fetches recent articles via your blog feed.

Let me know the exact problem you’re facing.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.