OnSite SEO ?

Home Forums Blogging OnSite SEO ?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    fransorin

From your reply at https://technotip.com/forums/topic/email-signature-link-shortening-facebook-feed-seo/#post-1005

5. #10 on your list…so explain to me, if I keep on linking to relevant articles, what does that do?

Satish
    Keymaster

There are two advantages:
    People who started reading your blog recently would read your old articles if you regularly link to those good articles.

Second, search engines will crawl those links along with the keywords that you use to link them. That would signal Google search engine(search boot) to rank those articles to the keywords that you used to link them. and if those keywords are also found in the article content, it’ll treat the linking and the article as more genuine.

Ex:
    I have an old article about SEO on one of my other blogs. Now if I link them from here using some relevant keywords(relavent to that article), and then link that article, Google will think that the article is trust worth(because people are linking to it) and it will look at the keywords used inorder to link, that would ensure the relavency of the article. So, it’s good to link articles with proper keywords like Best SEO Tips. See the use of “Best SEO Tips” as keyword to link; instead of “click here” as a keyword. It makes a lot of difference over long term.

Our intention is not to trick Search Engines, but to help them crawl articles and organize them more efficiently.

fransorin

OK….so I’m still a bit confused. Can you show me an example from my blog?

Satish
    Keymaster

If you publish a thought tomorrow: “Life Is A Game, Play It!”

You could link to your old article: Three Steps To Relearning How To Play

And it would be like: “Life Is A Game, Play It!”

Like this, you can link to your old articles from your new articles, using relevant keywords.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.